It is confirmed that there will be a troop meeting this Wednesday, June 1st, at Mr. Prefer’s house in his backyard. The meeting will be the same time as always (7:30 – 9:00).
Just a reminder that the next troop meeting is tomorrow at Lincroft School. Please bring in any equipment that is out and also Geranium money. We will be preparing for parents night at this meeting.
We wish to extend to you, your family and friends,
an invitation to join us in honoring the Boys in the
Troop who recently earned the Eagle Scout Award.
Our program will be held on Friday, May 27th, at 7:15pm in the Lincroft School All Purpose Room.
The Scouts being recognized on this occasion are Michael Carrack, Michael Burk.
Other highlights of the evening will be:
- Recognition of merit badges earned since summer camp
- Recognition of rank advancement since last Parents Night
- Brief presentation about summer camp
- High Adventure trip update
- New skits and cheers
Refreshments will be served at the conclusion of the program.
Parents Night invitation
Just a couple reminders:
Waiver sheets need to be completed before we leave tomorrow.
Extra $$- rental of wet suits ( if needed),
Extra paint balls- $20 for 500 paint balls- wear old clothes that can be thrown away.
Just a reminder that there will be another cemetery cleanup on Saturday, May 21st, from 9:00 – 1:00. It is not required for anyone to attend, but it is suggested as it gives back to community. I need a head count of who’s coming from the Troop by Sunday evening. Please email me whether or not you will be attending the cleanup, and if you are coming for the entire time or if you will be there late/be leaving early. I’ve attached a copy of the flyer.
Cedar View Cemetary Flyer
Here are some details for this weekend:
Friday May 13th:
- Departure: We are leaving from Lincroft Elementary School at 6:15PM on Friday May 13.
- Dinner: Eat at home or bring a bag dinner or bring money to purchase food on the way.
- Camping: We are camping at the Whitewater Challengers campground located at 288 North Stagecoach Rd, Weatherly, PA 18255. The trip will take about 2 ½ hours. The check-in window is at the campground within walking distance of the campsites.
Saturday, May 14:
- Breakfast: Includes selections such as pancakes, grilled smoked ham, potatoes, scrambled eggs, and beverages.
- Rafting: Meet in campground at 8:45 for a shuttle to and from the river.
- Lunch: Includes your choice of a breast of turkey on a fresh Kaiser roll, ham and cheese, or peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a bag of pretzels, dessert and a beverage.
Whitewater Challengers recommend you bring a small ice pack or frozen water bottle(s) on warm days to place in the water-tight lunch container inside your raft.
- Dinner: Include items like BBQ chicken, Sloppy Joe style ground beef sandwich, hot dogs, Au Gratin potatos, white rice with garlic butter, vegetables, chips, dessert and beverage.
- Nature Shows- A favorite part of the evening program at the Whitewater Adventure Camp. Our outdoor specialists rely on birds, bats, reptiles, snakes or other indigenous species to teach respect for our animal neighbors. This is an up-close, interactive workshop. Be sure to bring a camera! This is FREE for everyone, and no reservations are needed. (Programs change without notice).
- History Programs- Take us back to the 19th century, offering insights into the life and times of Native Americans or coal miners. Program varies from week to week. This is FREE for everyone, and no reservations are needed. (Programs change without notice)
- Games and Competitions- A fun part of our Saturday evening program at Whitewater Challengers. Head to the recreation field to take advantage of our basketball or sand volleyball facilities, play soccer or Frisbee, or just make up your own games. There’s always plenty to do at the Adventure Center!
Sunday, May 15th:
- Departure: We will depart for home or paintball at 8:45am.
To camp: Home:
- Normal Boy Scout packing guidelines should be followed.
- Bring a towel to dry off after rafting.
- Water bottle
- Rain gear
- Water shoes or old sneakers. No flip flops allowed.
- A dry set of shoes for the evening.
- Long pants and a long sleeve shirt for Sunday if staying for paintball
- Spending money- $20 if you wish to rent a wet suit. Additional money for snack bar or Sunday lunch.
Click here to download the directions
For those who took home gear from the camp out this past weekend, please clean it out and bring it back to this Wednesday’s troop meeting. Also, each patrol should pick up their tub from Mr. Prefer’s house before Wednesday.
Good Afternoon Scouts,
This is a reminder that the troop trip to Forestburgh is today Friday April 22 and we will be meeting at the school at 6:00. BE THERE NO LATER THEN 6!
This is just a reminder that out next meeting will be on Tuesday April 19, 2016.
Hope to see you there!
I have attached the Information for the upcoming Geranium sale.
Click here to view!